WIPO Office in the Russian Federation
The WIPO Russia Office (WRO) was established in Moscow in 2014. We promote WIPO services in Russia as well as Russian-language information about the Organization. We also undertake research, development, outreach and capacity building activities in intellectual property (IP).
Find out more
WIPO Webinar in Russian: The Lisbon System for the International Protection of Appellations of Origin and Geographical Indications
WIPO will hold a new webinar on The Lisbon System for the International Protection of Appellations of Origin and Geographical Indications
Our staff regularly participate in other IP events in Russia:
- IP Russia Awards 2020 (Moscow, Hilton Moscow Leningradskaya + online, October 22)
- Open Innovations Forum 2020 (Moscow, online, October 19-21)
- The XXIV Rospatent International Conference: Transformation of IP in the Contemporary Environment (Moscow, online, October 20 to 21, 2020)
- IP Academy & Skolkovo LegalTech “Distant & Digital” with participation of WIPO representatives (Moscow, online, October 8 to 9)
- Moscow International Salon of Inventions and Innovation Technologies «Archimedes-2020» (Moscow, March 24-27)
- VII International Legal Forum «Legal Protection of Intellectual Property: Theoretical and Practical Issues» (IP Forum) (Moscow, MSAL February 14-15)
- Gaidar Forum 2020 Russia and the world challenges of the new decade (Moscow, RANEPA January 15-16)
WIPO services and products in Russia
Russia joined the PCT in 1978 and is now among the top 10 countries in respect of national phase entries of PCT applications.
Russia joined the Madrid System in 1976 and is now one of the top five most designated member countries in international registrations.
The Russian Federation joined the Hague System in 2018, so now entities and designers from Russia can use the Hague System to protect their industrial designs in the Contracting Parties. Conversely, foreign entities and designers can indicate the Russian Federation in their applications. Read more – Russian Federation joins the Hague System
Russia and WIPO initiatives
IP summer schools
Every year, WIPO and the Russian Federation organize the WIPO–Russia Summer School on IP, providing students and young professionals with the opportunity to acquire a deeper knowledge of IP.
Technology and Innovation Support Centers (TISCs) provide innovators in developing countries with access to locally-based, high quality technology information and related services. Today the total number of TISCs in the Russian Federation is more than 170.
We organize and/or finance study visits to WIPO headquarters for various stakeholders, including IP students, as well as representatives of NGOs, state bodies, private bodies etc. Contact us to find out more.